Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Tue November 12, 2013
Dr. Andrew Byrd Traces The Roots Of Language
The November 22 episode of UK Perspectives will devoted to the fascinating linguistic work of Dr. Andrew Byrd, who has traced language back to its prehistoric roots in what is known as Proto-Indo-European.
This reconstructed language would have been spoken in the northern region of the Black Sea 7,000 years ago. Dr. Byrd’s reading of two fables in Proto-Indo-European can be heard at http://www.archaeology.org/exclusives/articles/1302-proto-indo-european-schleichers-fable.