Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
Mon September 30, 2013
Downtown Lexington Losing A Grocery Store
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Shorty's, the urban market in the Traditional Bank building on West Short Street is closing its doors for good.
General Manager Jonathan Henderson tells the Lexington Herald Leader, the store had a loyal customer base, just not enough to sustain the business financially.
The store’s inventory will be sold off through Wednesday.
The departure of Shorty’s leaves the Town Branch Market on East Main Street as the only grocery store left in the downtown area.