Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon September 30, 2013
Downtown Lexington Losing A Grocery Store
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Shorty's, the urban market in the Traditional Bank building on West Short Street is closing its doors for good.
General Manager Jonathan Henderson tells the Lexington Herald Leader, the store had a loyal customer base, just not enough to sustain the business financially.
The store’s inventory will be sold off through Wednesday.
The departure of Shorty’s leaves the Town Branch Market on East Main Street as the only grocery store left in the downtown area.