Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Mon April 22, 2013
Documentary On Mary Todd Lincoln To Air Tonight On C-SPAN
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Mary Todd Lincoln will be the subject of a 90 minute documentary airing tonight on C-SPAN. The film is part of a series examining the influence and image of America’s First Ladies. Mrs. Lincoln’s childhood home and other Lexington locales are featured prominently in the film according to Mary Todd Lincoln House Executive Director Gwen Thompson.
“They filmed at Lexington Cemetery, where many of her family members are buried, over at the Gratz Park area where one of the schools that she attended still stands, and of course here at the Mary Todd Lincoln House, her girlhood home," Thompson says.
Thompson, who has not seen an advanced screening of the film, is keeping her fingers crossed that the documentary will be a "fair and accurate" account of the wife of the 16th president. She says Mary Todd Lincoln has been unfairly criticized because of her eccentric behavior and taste for the finer things.
“I’m always a little bit hesitant about how Mary Lincoln will be portrayed with the information because I am very concerned about having accurate information put out there and balanced interpretations so I’ll be very interested to see what airs.”
The documentary airs tonight at 9 on C-SPAN.