Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri May 2, 2014
Derby Field Down To 19
The Kentucky Derby field has been reduced to 19 horses after the owners of Pablo Del Monte decided to pass on the race.
Trainer Wesley Ward said Friday the owners will wait to run in the Preakness on May 17. Ward bred and owns a 25 percent share of the colt.
Pablo Del Monte joined the field after Hoppertunity was scratched Thursday because of minor foot injury. The horse would have had to start from the far outside post in a field of 20. He was listed at 50-1 on the morning line and was to be ridden by Jeffrey Sanchez.
The No. 1 spot in the starting gate Saturday will be empty and the 19 horses will use posts 2 through 20.