Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
Sat January 19, 2013
In Depth: Vicco - First Eastern Kentucky Town To Pass Fairness Ordinance
WHITESBURG, Ky. - Vicco, Kentucky, in the southern corner of Perry county, is known by its town slogans as the little town with a big heart, and the town too tough to die. This past Monday night, in a 3 to 1 vote by the city’s commissioners, Vicco made another name for itself by becoming the first municipality in eastern Kentucky, and only the fourth city in the state, to pass a lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender anti-discrimination Fairness ordinance. Sylvia Ryerson has this report.