Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
WUKY In Depth
Thu April 5, 2012
In Depth: New Makers Mark Bottle Hitting Store Shelves Friday
LEXINGTON, Ky. - The first Friday in April marks the start of the Keeneland Spring meet in Lexington, and for the past 16 years it’s also served as a kickoff for a charitable effort involving the racetrack, Makers Mark bourbon and the University of Kentucky.
The distiller produces a limited number of collectible bottles, featuring noted local sports personalities, and donates the sale proceeds to a number of UK-related programs.
For the next three years, the money raised will go toward outreach programs at UK’s Gill Heart Institute.
This year’s bottle features former UK, and Cleveland Browns quarterback Tim Couch.
We recently chatted about the promotion with the honoree and long time Makers Mark representative Bill Samuels.