Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
Around the Nation
Mon January 14, 2013
Denver Mayor Must Dance Like Ray Lewis
Originally published on Mon January 14, 2013 3:27 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Winning isn't everything but at least you don't have to dance. The mayors of Denver and Baltimore made a friendly wager when their teams met in the NFL playoffs. When Baltimore won in overtime, it was disaster for Denver Mayor Michael Hancock, who must now dance like Ray Lewis. The soon-to-retire Baltimore star does an awkward but enthusiastic sideline dance before games. And we're going to find out soon how well Mayor Hancock moves.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.