Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu June 6, 2013
Democrats To Bash McConnell Early And Often At Louisville Dinner
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Kentucky Democrats were set Thursday to take aim at Republican Mitch McConnell, the U.S. Senate minority leader they hope to oust in next year's election, though they don't yet have a challenger lined up.
Attorney General Jack Conway, the emcee at the annual Wendell Ford Dinner in Louisville, said he expects McConnell "will be mentioned several times" in speeches to hundreds of Democrats who will gather at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
One of McConnell's most outspoken critics, Democratic U.S. Rep. John Yarmuth of Louisville, will be among the speakers taking turns at the podium. Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, a potential McConnell challenger, also will speak.
Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden and a friend of Conway's, will be the keynote speaker.