Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri August 16, 2013
Deal Reached Before The Start Of Nunn Civil Trial
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- The mother of the woman former Kentucky lawmaker Steve Nunn was convicted of killing has settled a lawsuit against the gated community in Lexington where the fatal shooting happened in 2009.
One of the attorneys representing Amanda Ross, Perry Bentley, told the Lexington Herald-Leader that Diana Ross, mother of Amanda Ross, and the Opera House Square Townhouse Association reached an out-of-court settlement for undisclosed terms. A trial scheduled to start Monday in Lexington is now canceled.
Bentley said a hearing will be held Monday to determine how much in damages Nunn is liable for.
The 60-year-old former state representative is the son of the late Louie B. Nunn, former Kentucky governor.
Nunn is serving life without parole in a Muhlenberg County prison after pleading guilty in 2011 to murder.