Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon October 22, 2012
Deadline This Week For Write-In Candidates In Kentucky
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- People who want to be considered as write-in candidates in the Nov. 6 election in Kentucky must have their paperwork and filing fee turned in this week.
Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes says for offices that file with her, the deadline is 4 p.m. EDT Friday. Write-in candidates for offices that file with the county clerk must file by 4 p.m. local time Friday. Mailed documents must be received by the appropriate office by the same deadline.
Grimes' office says under Kentucky law, write-in candidates have to file a declaration of intent and pay a filing fee. Write-in candidates for president and vice president must file a list of presidential electors pledged to the candidates.
Write-in votes cast for people who haven't satisfied the filing requirements won't be counted.