Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue April 6, 2010
Creative Cities Conference Kicks Off in Lexington
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – Keeping more of the so-called creative class living and working in Lexington is one of the topics sure to be discussed at this week's Creative Cities Summit. The conference brings together business leaders, entrepreneurs, and city officials from across the nation to discuss new ways at tackling old problems. Event Co-producer Phil Holubek says recognizing the fact that people can decide to live and work anywhere is a particular challenge in today's world.
Guest speakers include noted urban theorist, Richard Florida, author of "The Rise of the Creative Class" and the forthcoming "The Great Re-set"; as well as Rebecca Ryan, founder of NextGeneration Consulting and an expert on issues confronting young professionals. The conference runs April 7th through the 9th.