Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Around the Nation
Thu November 17, 2011
Couple Celebrates 50 Years With Another Big Plunge
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Fifty years after taking the plunge, a New Mexico couple celebrated by skydiving in tandem. Alan Dodd wanted to do something different to mark their golden anniversary. His wife Pat needed some convincing. She gave in because, as she told Albuquerque's KRQE-TV, retirement has given the couple time to do crazy things. Apparently their four children are still in shock, and Alan is trying to convince Pat to do it again on the 75th. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.