Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Sun January 26, 2014
Coroner Confirms Remains Found In Ky. River As Alex Johnson
The body of a UK chef who disappeared from his Lexington home last month was found in four feet of water in the Kentucky River.
Fayette County Coroner Gary Ginn said at a news conference Saturday that Alex Johnson's body was in a 55-gallon blue barrel near the shore, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader. The coroner's office was called Friday morning about the barrel, and Ginn confirmed human remains were inside that afternoon.
Johnson had been missing since Dec. 20 when he ended a phone call with his girlfriend by saying he needed to answer the door at his home.
The discovery of the body comes several days after police arrested a man in Texas who was wanted on a murder charge in the case. Another man faces a charge of complicity to kidnapping.