Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Thu July 8, 2010
Conway & Paul Face Off At Forum In Louisville
By Gabe Bullard
Louisville, KY – At a meeting of the County Judge-Executives, Magistrates and Commissioners, Democrat Jack Conway and Republican Rand Paul shared a stage for the first time since the primary. The candidates focused mostly on their individual platforms, but occasionally lashed out at each other. The most common jab from Paul was that Conway would support programs favored by national Democrats, including the so-called Cap and Trade energy legislation.
"President Obama favors it. Congressman Yarmuth favors it. Ben Chandler favors it. And Jack favors it. Cap and Trade will be a disaster for our state."
Conway responded that Paul is mischaracterizing his position.
"I oppose Cap and Trade. I will oppose Cap and Trade as Kentucky's next United States Senator and I will not support a program that raises electricity rates."
Conway used his remarks to voice his support for the coal industry and for government programs that benefit Kentucky counties.