Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu August 19, 2010
Conway Issues Debate Challenge
By Tony McVeigh
FRANKFORT, Ky. – Kentucky Democratic Attorney General Jack Conway wants to debate Republican physician Rand Paul at least twice on national television. The two are battling for the U.s. Senate seat currently held by Republican Jim Bunning.
Conway told reporters in Frankfort he's willing to debate Paul on NBC's Meet the Press and Fox News, plus five or six regionally televised debates.
"I want all the debates to be at outlets where we will hopefully have television - we'll have sufficient media coverage - so the people throughout the state can get the best possible look at the two candidates."
Rand Paul campaign spokesman Gary Howard was traveling and had no immediate response to Conway's comments.