Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Around the Nation
Mon May 7, 2012
Contest To Search For New Top Liar
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. West Virginia soon holds its annual liars contest. College professor Adam Booth won the last contest celebrating tall tales. Or at least he says he did. Asked by West Virginia Public Broadcasting for a true family story, he says his grandfather, as a boy, watched Cincinnati Reds games by looking through the chain link outfield fence. He won't say if that story is true, which gets you wondering did the outfield really have a chain link fence. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.