Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- WUKY's Phoenix Fridays... presented by Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals
- Kentucky Adventures: Experiencing The Bourbon Trail
Tue August 26, 2008
Commentator Scott Winkler Says Destroying Weapons At Depot Transcend Party Lines
By Scott Winkler
Lexington, KY – A recent joint tour of Richmond's Bluegrass Army Depot by Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Democrat Congressman Ben Chandler, did raise few eyebrows around Central Kentucky. But, as commentator Scott Winkler points out, destruction of the deadly chemical weapons being stored there should be the highest priority. Scott Winkler is a member of the Fayette Equity Council, and pastor of the Old Union Christian Church in Lexington.