Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu July 16, 2009
Commentator Says There's Nothing Quite Like The County Fair
By Georgia Green Stamper
Lexington, KY – A Central Kentucky summertime tradition gets under way again with the opening of the Lexington Lions Club Bluegrass Fair. Commentator Georgia Green Stamper says besides the sights, sounds, and smells, there's also one other distinct quality of a county fair.