Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Wed April 25, 2012
College of Pharmacy Dean Appointed Interim Provost
LEXINGTON, Ky. - University of Kentucky President Eli Capilouto has appointed college of pharmacy dean, Tim Tracy as interim provost when Kumble Subbaswamy leaves to accept the Chancellorship of the University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
Tracy has been the pharmacy dean since 2010. Prior to that, he was the chairman of the pharmacy department at UK. Before coming to Kentucky, Tracy was on the faculty at West Virginia University.
In a news release on Tuesday Capilouto said he had asked Tracy to primarily concern himself with budget cuts, undergraduate education, and the transition to a new budget system by next year.
In announcing the appointment, Capilouto also said Dr. Patrick McNamara will serve as acting dean of pharmacy. Tracy will assume the duties of provost on May 7th.
A search committee will soon be appointed for the permanent provost in the upcoming weeks.