Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue March 20, 2012
City Wants Public Input On Distillery District Development
LEXINGTON, Ky. The Lexington Fayette Urban County Government will hold a public meeting Wednesday night to gather input on development of the downtown Distillery District. The area, which runs along Manchester Street from Oliver Lewis Way to Forbes Road, is the subject of three alternative development plans.
All involve renovation of existing infrastructure like sidewalks and sewers, as well as construction of a pedestrian trail. Project Manager Bob Bayert says the work intends to capitalize on local growth.
“I think with Busters and some of those businesses there on what’s called the East District, that’s East of the railroad overpass, we’re seeing some activity there, private development activity. Hopefully the West District will not be far behind.”
The meeting will be held Wednesday night from 6 to 8 at the McConnell Springs Education Center, off Old Frankfort Pike.