Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu September 20, 2012
City Officials Give Law Firm Bingham McCutchen A Warm Welcome
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Eager to tout encouraging employment news after the recent announcement of 500 layoffs at Lexmark’s Lexington facility, local officials gave the red carpet treatment Thursday to the city’s newest major business, law firm Bingham McCutchen.
A brass band played the speakers in at the press conference, where Bingham Chairman Jay Zimmerman explained the firm’s reasons for choosing Lexington as the location of its new administrative hub.
"My first answer to 'Why Lexington?' is because it's a sound long-term investment. In Lexington, we found a vibrant business community, a strong partnership between government and business," he said.
The internationally known 1000-lawyer firm intends to create 250 new jobs in Lexington and invest over $22 million dollars in establishing the center, which be located at the University of Kentucky’s Coldstream Research Center Business Park.