Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri July 23, 2010
City Keeping Cool Centers Open On Saturday
By WUKY STAFF
Lexington, KY – According to a news release from Mayor Jim Newberry's office, Cool Centers in Lexington will be open at the following areas:
Castlewood Park Community Center, 201 Castlewood Drive, open 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Black and Williams Center, 498 Georgetown St., open 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Salvation Army, 722 W. Main St., open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. for heat relief measures.
Hope Center, 360 W. Loudon Ave., open 24 hours/day. Primarily for homeless males, but can accommodate others during the heat advisory.
LexTran will continue to offer free bus rides for individuals going to a heat relief center. Citizens can call LexTran at (859) 253-4636 to get the location of the nearest bus stop. Individuals who need special transportation assistance due to disabilities can call LexTran to arrange for special pickup.
Pools will be open during regularly scheduled hours, but admission rates will continue to be offered at half-price.
For general information call LexCall at 311 or (859) 425-2255 or visit www.lexingtonky.gov