Most Active Stories
- Free Speech Exercised, Tested At UK's Constitution Day
- We’re gonna keep Summer going a bit longer with another WUKY Phoenix Friday Sept 26... 3 bands!!
- Shelton Promises Action On District Dysfunction
- Gigabit Possibilities For Lexington, Centrepointe, And KY-Swedish Connection On BizLexChat
- Fayette Schools Audit: Poor Management And Communication, But No Criminal Activity
Mon October 7, 2013
Churchill Downs Installing Massive Video Board
Churchill Downs is installing a video board bigger than three basketball courts to make sure audiences can see the races.
The Louisville track said Monday the more than 15,000-square-foot video board will be installed early next year - well ahead of the Run for the Roses on the first Saturday in May.
The high-definition video board will be installed about midway along the backstretch and outside the dirt course.
The $12 million project is the latest upgrade at the famed track.
Track officials say the video board will be positioned to maximize the viewing angle for fans in the 55,638 clubhouse and grandstand seats and tens of thousands of fans packed in the track's 26-acre infield.
Some fans have limited views of the track on Derby Day.