Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon October 7, 2013
Churchill Downs Installing Massive Video Board
Churchill Downs is installing a video board bigger than three basketball courts to make sure audiences can see the races.
The Louisville track said Monday the more than 15,000-square-foot video board will be installed early next year - well ahead of the Run for the Roses on the first Saturday in May.
The high-definition video board will be installed about midway along the backstretch and outside the dirt course.
The $12 million project is the latest upgrade at the famed track.
Track officials say the video board will be positioned to maximize the viewing angle for fans in the 55,638 clubhouse and grandstand seats and tens of thousands of fans packed in the track's 26-acre infield.
Some fans have limited views of the track on Derby Day.