Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Tue July 31, 2012
Churchill Downs Announces Plans For The Mansion
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Move over Millionaire's Row. Churchill Downs will soon have The Mansion to cater to the rich and famous at the Kentucky Derby.
Churchill Downs officials on Tuesday announced $9 million in renovations highlighted by a new section they are calling The Mansion, which will be located on the sixth floor where the track's media center has been since 2005.
The Mansion will be able to hold more than 320 race fans and will include a dining room, living room, library, parlor and veranda - and it will have a panoramic view of the historic track. Guests will be taken there by private elevator.
Track officials say The Mansion will be open in time for next year's Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks.