Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Thu December 19, 2013
Chris Ford Decides Against State Run
Urban County Council member Chris Ford has opted not to enter a race for the state legislature.
Ford had expressed interest in running for the 77th House District seat left open by outgoing Rep. Jesse Crenshaw, who announced he would not seek re-election in 2014 earlier this week.
In an email sent Thursday, Ford says after three years in local office he believes he can “best serve Lexington families and businesses” through his work on the council. He also says he intends to run for re-election in the 1st council district next year.
Crenshaw, a Lexington attorney, has already endorsed J. Michael Haskins in the 2014 race to take over his seat. Haskins is a Fayette County magistrate who officially filed to run in the race earlier this month.