Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Fri September 27, 2013
Chief Justice To Update Lawmakers On Judiciary
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Chief Justice John Minton is scheduled to address lawmakers on the state of the judiciary next week.
He'll provide the update next Friday at 11 a.m. EDT in Hopkinsville, hometown of House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Tilley.
Minton will speak to the Interim Joint Judiciary Committee in the Christian County Justice Center.
Minton said changing demographics, budget woes and technological advances are forever altering how courtrooms operate and are placing new demands on judges and other personnel.
In his remarks, Minton is expected to brief lawmakers on how the judicial system is adapting to these changes.
As chief justice, Minton oversees the state's entire judicial system.