Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri January 11, 2013
Chase Tower Sold To Florida Firm
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Downtown Lexington’s Chase Tower has been sold to a Florida firm.
In-Rel Properties purchased the 14-story tower and the neighboring parking garage for just under $12 million. The Lexington Herald-Leader reports that the company plans to continue using local real estate firm NAI Isaac to manage the property.
The sale puts an end to a dispute between the building’s owners, which included lender Wells Fargo and many other entities.
The garage also included in the deal was the site of a 2006 incident involving a pregnant bank employee who was crushed by a falling concrete panel. A suit filed by the family was later settled and the garage has undergone a series of repairs and improvement over the last couple years.