Most Active Stories
- Free Speech Exercised, Tested At UK's Constitution Day
- Gigabit Possibilities For Lexington, Centrepointe, And KY-Swedish Connection On BizLexChat
- Local Music Monday: Dave Cobb
- A Celebration Two Hundred Years In The Making This Weekend
- We’re gonna keep Summer going a bit longer with another WUKY Phoenix Friday Sept 26... 3 bands!!
Thu May 12, 2011
Chandler Views "Gruesome" Bin Laden Photos
By Alan Lytle
Washington, DC – Kentucky Congressman Ben Chandler was given the opportunity to view death photos of Osama Bin Laden this morning. The Versailles Democrat who sits on the House Intelligence Committee says they are images he won't soon forget.
"There's an enormous wound or gash from his left eye all the way across his forehead which is about an inch wide. It's a massive wound and you can see that nobody could have survived it."
Chandler says he understands why President Obama wanted them restricted, but he favors releasing them to the public.
"I think that a lot of the victims of 9/11 really want to have closure. Quite frankly, you see things like that on network TV on some of the police and detective shows when somebody gets killed."
Chandler says the photos provide tangible proof that "one of the great mass murderers in history got what was coming to him."