Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Thu June 10, 2010
CentrePointe Project Redesigned
By Brenna Angel
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- – Plans to build a tower in downtown Lexington to house a hotel, offices, and condominiums appear to be back on.
The Herald-Leader reports developer Dudley Webb submitted a re-designed version of CentrePointe to the Courthouse Area Design Review Board on Wednesday.
Originally envisioned to rise 35 stories, the new concept would put the building at 25 stories tall.
Work on the controversial project stalled last year when financing fell through. The new CentrePointe design must go through an approval process, and construction would begin no earlier than October, to avoid conflicting with downtown festivities during the World Equestrian Games.