Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon January 7, 2013
Centre Gets Top 10 Ranking for Alumni Donors
DANVILLE, Ky. - Centre College has been ranked by a publication as one of the top 10 colleges in the country for alumni donors.
The private college in Danville is ranked sixth nationally by U.S. News and World Report for the percentage of alumni who donate to their alma mater. The publication says nearly 55 percent of Centre alumni donate to the school, well above the national average of 13 percent.
Statistics for the ranking come from data provided by more than 1,200 colleges and universities across the country.
Other schools on the list include Princeton, Williams, Amherst, Davidson and Middlebury.
It's not the first time Centre has achieved a high ranking. Last year U.S. News ranked Centre fifth nationally for best undergraduate teaching.