Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri September 20, 2013
Centre College On Lockdown After Reported Double Murder
DANVILLE, Ky. -- Centre College in Danville has been locked down due to a "double murder" at a nearby business and the Boyle County coroner has been called to a pawn shop after police were called for a robbery and shooting at the business Friday morning.
A release from the college says "Due to a double homicide in Danville reported by local law enforcement, Centre College is on lockdown and classes are cancelled until further notice. We have alerted our campus community through our emergency alert system and are providing updates through this means and social media We have encouraged everyone to get to a secure building and stay where they are with doors closed. More information will be provided as available."
WLEX TV reports that the incident happened just after 9 a.m. at the ABC Gold Games and More on Fourth Street in Danville.
WUKY is following this breaking story and will have updated information when it becomes available.