Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon July 30, 2012
Capilouto Wants Campus Feedback on UK Recommendations
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Allocating funding across departments, retaining top faculty, and financing university projects, are some of the topics included in a series of reports released by the University of Kentucky Monday.
Earlier this year UK President Eli Capilouto hired Huron Consulting Group to help facilitate campus-wide interviews and analysis of budget models, faculty reviews, organizational structure, and debt capacity.
UK spokesman Jay Blanton says Capilouto now wants to continue the campus conversation.
“He’s going to undertake a tour again of colleges starting in August, starting this fall. He’s going to visit every college again for extensive sessions where he’ll listen and engage in dialogue.”
The debt capacity report concluded that UK could take on an additional $450-650 million dollars in debt over the next five years to help make facilities upgrades and build new student housing. Another report recommended creating a specific budgeting model unique to the University of Kentucky.
Click here to access the Huron reports.