Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue September 10, 2013
Capilouto Receives Contract Extension, Raise, And Bonus From UK Trustees
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- On the strength of a largely positive evaluation University of Kentucky Board of Trustees have voted to extend President Eli Capilouto’s contract by two years, give him a 5% raise, and a $50,000 performance bonus.
Board Chair Britt Brockman told the Lexington Herald Leader that Capilouto is leading the university in the right direction and if the budgetary situation was better, his bonus would be even higher.
Capilouto told the paper he plans to give the bonus back to UK.
Last year, Trustees did not offer Capilouto a bonus; citing an uncertain budget climate. This year, faculty and staff received a 5 percent merit-pool raise.
Capilouto's evaluation was based on surveys of faculty, staff, students and board members conducted by consultant David Hardesty, the former president of West Virginia University.
The President received high marks for his administrative hires, enhancing the undergraduate experience, launching major campus infrastructure improvements, and boosting overall fundraising by 8% over the previous year.
The evaluation also concluded that Capilouto needs to work on his communication within all departments, and address the need for an overall strategic plan for the state’s flagship school.