Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue October 8, 2013
Capilouto Gets Flu Vaccination, Encourages Others To Follow Suit
UK President Eli Capilouto rolled up his sleeve and got his flu shot on Tuesday, encouraging others to follow suit.
Dr. Capilouto visited the College of Pharmacy building and third year Pharmacy student Samantha Perisi was waiting for him with a needle and a vial.
The whole process took about 21 seconds to complete.
Pharmacists and physicians recommend a flu shot for everyone over the age of six months. Last year, 72% of children who died from the flu had not been vaccinated.
Perisi says the shot is perfectly safe and will not make the recipient sick.