Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue July 7, 2009
Callling All Filmmakers, KY Wants You
By Bryan Bartlett
Lexington, KY – House Bill 3, which passed during the recent special legislative session, offers, among other things, tax breaks to film crews that do work in Kentucky. Governor Beshear says the bill will not only bring more jobs to the Commonwealth, but will also promote tourism and economic development.
The bill also creates a 15-member Kentucky Film Commission that will serve in an advisory role to the Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet. The commission will promote Kentucky as a location for film production.