Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon November 14, 2011
RENEE MONTAGNE, host: NPR's business news starts with a big deal from Boeing. Think of this as a reminder that some things still are made in the U.S. Boeing has announced the most valuable order for commercial aircraft in its history. At the Dubai Air Show over the weekend, the U.S. company announced a deal to sell 50 planes to Emirates, the big Persian Gulf carrier based in Dubai. Boeing beat out Europe's Airbus for the $18 billion deal. And the deal also helps General Electric, which makes the engines. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.