Most Active Stories
- Free Speech Exercised, Tested At UK's Constitution Day
- Here we go… The final WUKY Phoenix Friday is THIS Friday... 3 bands!!
- Shelton Promises Action On District Dysfunction
- Gigabit Possibilities For Lexington, Centrepointe, And KY-Swedish Connection On BizLexChat
- Satirical Senate Candidate To "Endorse" Biggest Fundraiser
Fri August 10, 2012
Goldman Sachs Won't Be Prosecuted In Fraud Probe
Originally published on Fri August 10, 2012 6:28 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a Justice decision.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: The U.S. Justice Department announced late last night that it is not pursing criminal charges against Wall Street bank Goldman Sachs or its employees. A Senate panel investigating the financial crisis had charged that Goldman bet against the same risky mortgage bundle it was also selling to clients. The Justice Department said in a statement it could not meet the burden of proof to bring a criminal case. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.