Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Mon May 14, 2012
Budget Woes Could Close Philly's Problem Schools
Originally published on Mon May 14, 2012 6:44 am
Philadelphia's school district plans to close a quarter of its school buildings in coming years to eliminate a huge budget hole. But parents and activists don't trust the decision-makers. Many of them suspect the plan is a ruse to force charter schools and privatization on the district.