Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon February 8, 2010
Budget Front & Center Again In Frankfort This Week
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – House leaders want to move the budget from their chamber by early March, so efforts to craft an acceptable state spending plan are intensifying. House and Senate leaders are already sharing vital information, which is healthy says Senate President David Williams. "It's not unusual for the Speaker and I to meet during the session and talk about process. That's not unusual. And I think it's even less unusual for the two budget chairs to meet and talk about process. Somewhat unusual that the four of us would meet this early in the session. But I think this is an unusual session and I think it bodes well."
Speaker Greg Stumbo hopes to make some budget outlines public later this week. Legislative leaders have already rejected Gov. Steve Beshear's budget plan based on casino gambling revenue.