Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed April 2, 2008
Brine Water Coming Soon To The Big Sandy
By Kathleen Adams
Lexington, KY – The Kentucky Division of Water is ready to begin weekly sampling of the Levisa Fork which flows into the Big Sandy River and provides drinking water to Pike County. As Kathleen Adams reports, the sampling will coincide with Consol Mining's planned brine water discharge into the Levisa Fork.