Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Wed October 24, 2012
Bigger, Un-Deadlier Thriller Parade Planned For Lexington
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Lexington’s 11th annual Thriller reenactment takes over downtown this Sunday. As Josh James reports, organizers expect another record crowd.
Every year the production becomes larger and more elaborate, as thousands flock to Main Street. For evidence of the event’s growing popularity, one need look no further than the media pit – a new addition this year. Teresa Tomb with Mecca Dance Studio says rehearsals begin about a month ahead of the parade.
"We are dealing with probably around 1,200 zombies this year, so it's a lot to wrangle so many dancing un-dead."
Four different Michael Jackson impersonators will lead troops of zombies from Main Street to Mill Street at 8:30 PM Sunday. This year will feature expanded pre-parade events at CentrePointe, including a kids-only Thriller. A total of 15 to 20-thousand performers and spectators are expected downtown.