Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Around the Nation
Tue November 22, 2011
Bibles Sent To Prison Contain More Than God's Word
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. This seems like a scam in an old gangster movie. A South Carolina prison received two Bibles intended for an inmate. But the Bibles had been hollowed out. They contained razor knives, a cell phone, ecstasy pills and cocaine. The prison returned the package to the sender. Police identified the woman who allegedly mailed the Bibles from a post office, which is the silver lining in this story. Somebody is still using the U.S. mail. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.