Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Sat July 7, 2012
Beshear Rescinds Karem School Board Chairmanship
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Gov. Steve Beshear has rescinded his designation of David Karem as chairman of the state school board.
Beshear issued an executive order last Monday reappointing Karem to the board. The order also designated the former state senator from Louisville as board chairman.
The Courier-Journal of Louisville reports that was a step too far and Beshear issued another order Thursday without the chairman reference. He doesn't have the power to name the board's chairman - only the board can do that.
Karem and Beshear's two other appointees, Brigitte Ramsey, of Falmouth, and Leo Calderon, of Edgewood, will serve terms on the board that expire in April 2016.