Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue November 6, 2012
Beshear Recovering From Minor Eye Surgery
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear will spend the next few days on a slower travel schedule than usual. Kentucky Public Radio’s Kenny Colston reports.
The governor is recovering from what his office calls minor eye surgery to repair a detached retina.
The governor’s office gave few details about the surgery or how the malady occurred. They say it did not result from an injury, but it developed this past weekend.
The surgery will require a limited travel schedule for Beshear, which shouldn’t be much of a problem post Election Day.