Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
Wed September 12, 2012
Beshear On Economic Development Trip To India
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear is on a seven-day trip to India to promote the state to business owners who would like to locate in the U.S.
Beshear's office said in a statement he arrived in India Tuesday for his third trip to the world's second most populous nation.
Economic Development Secretary Larry Hayes will join Beshear on the trip.
Beshear's office said an India-based packaging company, Flex Films, is investing $180 million in Kentucky and creating 250 jobs in Elizabethtown as a result of his previous visit to the country.
Beshear also made economic development trips to Taiwan and Japan in May and Germany and France in July.