Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu March 15, 2012
Beshear Announces New Health And Family Services Secretary
FRANKFORT, Ky. A former senior staffer to President Bill Clinton has been tapped as the new secretary for the Cabinet of Health and Family Services in Kentucky.
Gov. Steve Beshear on Thursday named Audrey Tayse Haynes to take over the troubled cabinet starting April 16. She replaces former Secretary Janie Miller, who resigned last month.
Haynes served as director of the White House Office for Women's Initiatives and Outreach under Clinton and as chief of staff to Tipper Gore during the second Clinton-Gore administration.
Haynes will take over a cabinet criticized for how it has handled child death cases and records and which has been sued by newspapers for withholding records in cases that Franklin County
Circuit Judge Philip Shepherd ruled should be made public.