Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu December 2, 2010
Beshear Administration - Lawmakers Spar Over Passport Scandal
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – The Beshear administration blames the General Assembly, and lawmakers blame the administration for problems with the $800 million contract for Medicaid services in the Louisville area. Among those on the hot seat at the hearing was Health and Family Services Secretary Janie Miller.
"I don't think the administration created this mess, but the governor and I are committed to cleaning it up."
Senate President David Williams fired back. "I hope you'll accept our criticism of your agency in the same line that you should consider the criticism that the auditor put on you, which basically is you haven't done your job."
Moving forward, Miller says administration officials will meet with the Passport Board of Directors next Tuesday to discuss the 11-point Corrective Action Plan released Wednesday.