Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon July 23, 2012
Bear Sends Shoppers Packing At Pa. Sears Store
Originally published on Tue July 24, 2012 2:52 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Something about Sears was really attractive to a bear. A young black bear strolled into a Pittsburgh area mall and started browsing at that department store. We do not know if he was interested in fall clothing or Kenmore appliances. But we do know that while shopping, he growled at customers, called them all to be evacuated and finally got stuck between a couple of double doors. It could happen to anybody. He was tranquilized and safely taken away. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.