Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri June 15, 2012
Autopsy Reveals Murdered Russell County Runner Was Pregnant
JAMESTOWN, Ky. -- Police say preliminary autopsy results show a south-central Kentucky woman who was found slain after she disappeared while running was pregnant and was strangled.
Kentucky State Police say the results from the Kentucky medical examiner's office indicate 31-year-old Sarah B. Hart of Jamestown was 10 to 11 weeks' pregnant when she was killed Thursday.
Police charged 28-year-old Christopher W. Allman of Jamestown with murder, robbery, kidnapping and tampering with physical evidence in the case.
Hart went missing Thursday morning after going for a run with her sister. Police said she dropped out along U.S. 127, saying she wasn't feeling well, and the sister continued running. When she returned to check on Hart, she couldn't find her.
Hart was found dead just off the highway in a field.